Thursday, August 25, 2016

Scholarships and School

The last few weeks have been crazy weird. We had been told that Chris's job would pay for my tuition after a year, but found out that the information we were given was wrong and that they would only cover my tuition after TWO years. To top it off, we found out that I lost both of my scholarships - one because I submitted my fafsa too late, and the other because my gpa dropped less than .1 below what it was. This caused for a couple anxiety ridden days of panicking and trying to figure it all out. I still get a small amount of pell grants, so we decided that I will continue going to school, but only part time (6 credits) instead of the more than full time load (14 credits) that was required for my scholarships. As we made this decision, the anxiety started to subside and we eventually felt a lot of peace, and even excitement about our decision. I can continue my education while having enough time to be with my kids and focus on what is most important. The thought of making a little bit of money even crossed my mind, but I pushed it away because there is no way I want to work outside of home, leaving my sweet babies more than I already have to.

So we solidified our plan, each of us will take 6 credits a semester, Chris will work full time, and we will both be able to spend time with our family. It's going to take a bit longer to graduate, but we are still working towards it, and that's what matters, right? After graduation...? Who knows... maybe we'll stay here, maybe we'll go to grad school, maybe we'll move on. WHO KNOW?! We'll figure it out as it comes. For now, I am happy with the less stressful way of life we have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment