Thursday, June 30, 2016

Service Baby

It is so fun to watch Taysom grow into his personality. It is also so much fun to look back and see how his personality was strong, even before we met him. He has such a powerful, loud, energetic personality, and I now realize that I could see it before he was born. While I was pregnant, I craved McDonalds and could have sat in a scolding hot bath all day. Taysom now LOVES the bath... and french fries! I also always wanted to go go go when I was pregnant with him. It didn't matter where, I just wanted to GO. The first thing Taysom says when he gets up from bed is "Go?!" I had so much energy when I was pregnant, both good and bad, and he is definitely just like that.

These funny little parallels have made me be really observant this pregnancy. While it is hard since I can't really feel her yet, I have definitely been able to learn a bit about her. The biggest thing I have found so far is that I think she is going to be much calmer than Taysom. I think she will be more cuddly than him. All I want to do right now is sit on the couch and watch project runway all day. With Taysom, I wanted to BE project runway!!!

The big thing I realized today is that I think little miss is going to be a very kind and generous person. Over the last few weeks, I have found myself multiple times reaching out to others and serving them in various ways. If you know me, you know that I love to help, but I cringe at the word "service". I haven't even been realizing that I am serving until I'm almost done. While doing something for a near stranger a few weeks ago, Chris, the service guru in our family, asked me "Why are you doing this for them? You don't even really know/like them?" My response was simple, because they were in need, and I had the time/ability to help them. But it doesn't stop there. I have found myself volunteering to serve even when I really DON'T have the time or ability. Like offering to do something when my week is already SWAMPED and we are going out of town (lack of time). Or volunteering to teach the relief society lesson on very short notice (SERIOUS lack of ability). I just... feel... the desire, I guess! Like I said, she must have a very sweet and generous spirit. I can't WAIT to meet her and get to know her! She is an example to me already!!!

The most recent project that I took on was for a family in our old ward. A young pregnant woman was diagnosed with preeclampsia and had an emergency c-section at 32 weeks. Since then, she herself has had multiple ER visits, has been hospitalized, and even had gall bladder surgery! Her son has done miraculous, considering the situation, but is still in the hospital 6+ weeks later.

Tonight they get to do a live in study at the hospital to determine wether or not he is ready to go home. While he is doing so great, the struggle is not over just yet. He is still just over 6 pounds and has a very compromised immune system. They will have to be very careful to make sure he is not exposed to any illnesses and stays healthy.


She posted on Facebook a few days ago asking if anyone could make a little yield sign to put on the carseat asking bystanders to not touch the baby. I had never seen such a thing, and don't have any particular talent in the area, but offered to do it anyway! (Why? I DON'T EVEN KNOW!)

I went right to work, brainstorming the best way to do it. It is not perfect by any means. It is so simple, but I am obsessed with it! I just love it! With our little Miss being born at the onset of RSV season, I think this is going to be a must for us. I might as well bust a few extras out while I'm at it. Who wants one?! 


While I was dropping off this little sign to a family I barely know, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with love for them. I am sure that Heavenly Father loves them so very much and I have come to love them too! I have been praying so hard for their sweet little boy the last couple months and am now crossing my fingers... and toes... and hair... hoping that he will finally get to go home to his wonderful new parents tomorrow. If there is anyone out there actually reading this, please join me in prayer for them! They really are such wonderful people and deserve to have their family complete. NO-ONE deserves to go through what they have been through. No-one.

(Gosh, baby girl! Why you gotta make me so emotional!!!)

Like I said, I have already learned so much from this little girl inside of my tummy. I really am not one to volunteer myself to serve others regularly, and she has helped me to gain such a desire. She helped me to serve this sweet family, and Heavenly Father has in turn helped me to grow to love them. I really am so grateful for both my little girl and my Heavenly Father. They are both so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment